Blobfish is a small (but growing) company, located in Campoy, San Juan de Lurigancho, Lima. Specialized in PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) and now we are looking for a person with a system administrator with programming skills background to help us to maintain our own systems as well as the systems for our clients. With us you will have the chance to become a real sysadmin specialist as we always favor the work on the details over simple speed to deliver.
Requested applicant profile
- Good experience with Linux and comfort working from a CLI.
- Very good level in at least one programming language, e.g. C, C++, PHP, Java, Perl, Python, etc.
- Shell scripting (e.g. Bash).
- Familiarity with common Linux services (e.g. Apache HTTP Server, NGINX, Postfix, Dovecot, MySQL).
- Strong experience with versioning control systems (e.g. Git).
- Networking (TCP/IP, routing, firewalls, etc.)
Note that there is no requirement for having any formal studies completed.
- Decent level writing and reading in English.
- Proactivity and responsibility.
- Comfort for self-learning.
- Structured approach for solving problems.
Note that there will always be plenty of time for calmly investigating how to perform the following tasks.
- Infrastructure management:
- Hypervisor management (e.g. Proxmox VE).
- Keep systems (mostly Linux) up to date writing procedures for manual or automated upgrades.
- Set up centralized management for several systems (mainly Linux based).
- Manage any type of service (mostly Linux based).
- Network management (e.g. firewall).
- Management of monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios Core).
- Some office hardware management (e.g. Raspberry Pi).
- Deep analysis and full understanding (to the source code level) of third party open source services (e.g. NGINX).
- Third party code debugging and patching in any programming language.
- Programming and scripting mainly for infrastructure oriented tasks (e.g. scripts for automating backups).
Tests for applicants
Applicants will be required to pass tests similar to the following ones:
- Determine what packages are missing in a Linux system to execute certain commands, e.g. “dig example.org”.
- Find the most complete documentation for commands in Linux.
- Compile and install the following package from the source code,https://github.com/openssl/openssl (see too https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/how-to-install-openssl-from-source-on-linux/).
- Compile the Linux Kernel (see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernel/Traditional_compilation).
- Compilation, installation and debugging of glibc (“GNU C Library”) functions, some examples:
Proposed work conditions
- Working hours are from Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm, but working schedule is totally flexible, i.e. you can come at 9am or 10am (or later) or don’t go to office a given day as long as work hours are completed during a week.
- Salary for the first month (test period) will be of S/.2500 but it could be increased from the second month onwards depending on the person performance. Work will start as face-to-face in the office with the possibility to migrate to telecommuting depending on the performance of the employee.
If you are interested, send your CV to email@example.com, place in the Subject: “System Administrator”.